We are a fun Photography Club featuring speakers, photo reviews, sharing, teaching, learning, outings. We meet 7 - 9 PM most Tuesdays, September to June. For meetings and events, check out our calendar.
A Very Brief History
- The Kelowna Camera Club was started around 1960 and the club was occasionally mentioned in local newspapers.
- Over the years there was interest in black and white prints, colour prints, slides and occasionally, movies.
- In 1990, the name of the Club was changed to the Central Okanagan Photographic Society.
- With the turn to the 21st century, interest in slides declined and interest in digital photography became more prominent.
- Meetings were held once a week from September to June, with monthly evaluations, reviews of submitted images, speakers and workshops.
- With the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to have weekly meetings from September to June with monthly evaluations, reviews, workshops and speaker presentations projected over the Internet. We have occasional outings following the current guidelines for prevention of COVID-19 spread.